Monday, September 4, 2017

You're The Best With Kara

Hey Guys! Kara here with a sweet little fox card to let you know you're the best! You always leave the nicest comments and I really appreciate it!

I have mixed together so many sets on this one project and I love it! I started with the Watercolored Anemones set. I die cut a bunch of flowers and leaves and stamped them all out. I started to arrange the flowers and leaves on a piece of white cardstock to see what I liked. I felt that behind the die cuts I needed something stamped in the background. I wanted something without too much visual weight because the die cut flowers in the front were quite heavy. I used a very thin lined image from Botanical Bunch. I chose to stamp it twice in Cranberry Crush ink, the darkest color in the flowers but stamped in the least amount. This helps to balance the colors. I decided to add in the cute fox and because his eyes and nose were black I wanted to add in more black to the design. A few berries from Botanical Bunch and some dots from Dream Believer add just the right amount.

I wanted to extend the size of the background stamping a bit, but in a more subtle color. I chose to use the lightest color from the flowers, Shell Pink. I used an image from Ink Splats for this.

Underneath I added a black panel and accented two corners with just a few elements of the main design. A banner tucked into the floral spray with a simple sentiment finishes it off.

I hope you like it. Thanks again for stopping by. You're the best!

Featured Supplies

For your convenience, here is a list of the featured Wplus9 supplies used on today's project(s), along with links to purchase.

12 comments:

  1. Absolutely adorable! I have the worse time with the anemone set and this gives me a great starting point. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is amazing!! I love that you tucked some of the stamped flowers in-between the layers. So cool!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so fabulous!! That little fox is absolutely darling and I love the way you layered all of the various stamped and die-cut elements!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Its Beautiful !! Loved the colors and layering a lot :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love love love the colors you chose!!! I have the Watercolored Anemones set, and have frankly struggled to use it. You have given me new hope & ideas! Thank you for sharing your lovely artwork! :) ~ Andrea

    ReplyDelete
  6. like it? LOve it!!! What a delightful feast for the eyes before I shut down for the night! Your little fox fits right in so sweetly behind that banner, Kara... and the splats? PERfection! YOU are the best...xx
    =]

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow!!! This is utterly fabulous, and love that you used the fox too - he is delightful :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a sweet card, Kara! Love the way that adorable little fox is peeking out from above the floral images. Thanks for the inspiration and I hope your week is off to a great start. ~HUGS~
    #kindnessmatters #prayforTexas

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a beautiful combination of stamp sets. I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. LOVE that cute fox! Great card! And you used the Watercolored Anemones set that I just got... I may have to CASE your fun card!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Kara - what a great holiday surprise! I LOVE the way you used a double decker design...that never woulda occurred to me!! LOL Very cool use of several stamp sets, I'll have to try that. Thanks so much for sharing this clever design and your thought process in coming up with it. Very helpful.

    ReplyDelete

Connect with us:

Follow Us on Pinterest