Hi this is Debby and I'm delighted to be guesting for Wplus9 today. As soon as I saw the Kind Soul set I knew I wanted to use it as I love the delicate anemones and petunias, which have already been collected in to a beautiful arrangement for me.
I know this one is hard to get your hands on at the moment, but it was in stock when I created this video, I promise! There is a fresh batch on reorder and you can sign up to be notified when it arrives on the product page at wplus9.com
I decided to make an elegant watercoloured shaker card.
I white heat embossed the flower image onto watercolour paper and watercoloured. I then cut a circle opening in a panel of Simon Says Stamp Fog cardstock, (Wplus9 Dove Grey would work beautifully as well) and adhered behind it heat resistant acetate on which I'd heat embossed "hello" from the Hand Lettered Hello set.
I've put together a quick video to share my process with you.
To unify the main design element and add even more depth, I also white heat embossed and painted a few extra flowers to go on the front of the card.
To finish the sentiment I stamped one of the coordinating phrases from Hand Lettered Hello onto Coal Mine cardstock, white heat embossed it and trimmed to a skinny banner. Finally I added a few sequins and then mounted the finished panel on to a white, side folding card base.
Thank you for joining me today and thanks to Wplus9 for inviting me to guest.
For your convenience, here is a list of the featured Wplus9 supplies used on today's project(s), along with links to purchase.
- Paper - Arches Cold Pressed Watercolour, Simon Says Stamp Fog, Slate, Neenah Solar White 110lb, Hot Off The Press Heat Resistant Acetate
- Inks - Simon Says Stamp clear embossing ink
- Embossing Powder - Simon Says Stamp white
- Color media - Watercolours (mainly Daniel Smith)
- Brushes - Winsor & Newton series 7
- Sequins - Little Things By Lucy's Cards Just Peachy, Vintage Lilac
- Other - Misti, Ranger Multi Medium Matte, Big Shot, 3M foam adhesive, EK Success powder tool, heat gun, glue runner